AGV Pista GP-RR Carbon Full Face Helmet Rossi 2005 Sepang Winter Test + Smoke Visor
AVAILABILITY: Available Online
You Save: £500.00 (36%)
The third livery in the “Vale’s Helmets” project takes up the one used at the US Grand Prix in 2005, on the legendary Laguna Seca track. In 2005 Yamaha celebrated the 50th anniversary of its foundation. For the Californian race, the entire factory team took on the historic Yamaha yellow, the racing color that American riders used in the 1970s and 1980s.The yellow-black colors made famous by Kenny Roberts, on that weekend in July replaced the more modern metallic blue on Rossi’s bike and equipment. His Dainese suit and the AGV Ti-Tech helmet brought the colors of the golden age back to life for a day. With collaboration from Starline’s designer Roberto Marchionni, Valentino proposed a new look for his distinctive symbols, the sun and the moon. The two icons are on the sides of the shell as always, with different colors. Then there’s the small number 1 on the front, just under the AGV logo.
In 2005 Rossi was reigning world champion, after his sensational debut on the bike from the Iwata-based manufacturer the previous season. That year turned out to be just as lucky: Laguna Seca was to be the eighth podium in a row, becoming eleven just a few weeks later. The seventh world title for the professional rider from Tavullia then arrived at the end of the season.
• Shell shape is designed to maximize aerodynamic performance and to minimize the risk of impact energies being channeled to the collar bone. Rear shape is engineered to minimize interference with racing suit in racing position.
• IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with 5 large front vents and 2 rear extractors hollowed in the shell which direct air to the rider’s head. The unique central upper air intake has been strategically placed in highest air pressure point to capture maximum air flow.
• New Moto GP developed metal air vents, combines unique strength and protection with an innovative external fins structure engineered to capture maximum airflow in the front of the shell and increase air pressure on the rear exhaust, therefore incrementing the speed of air transition inside the helmet, leading to a higher cooling performance. New internal chin channels distribute the air flow evenly thru the entire visor surface. Vents covers are included in the box.
• New wind tunnel tested Biplano spoiler features multiple wings to maximize aerodynamic performance, optimize CX, stabilizing the helmet during high speed riding in any conditions. Biplano spoiler is engineered to detach from the helmet in case of an accident, therefore maintaining helmet’s round shape for increased safety.
• Moto GP developed interiors engineered for maximum performance on the track with a patented structure that allows riders to optimize fit and select helmet height positioning over the head. Developed with top riders, the neck roll offers easy entry, maximum ventilation and adaptable fit. Different thickness crown pad and cheek pads inserts are included in the box, allowing the rider to adapt the helmet fit. Removable nose guard and wind protector.
• The inner of the helmet is designed to offer the highest riding comfort without any stitches in sensitive areas. All parts are easily removable and washable.
• Neck roll: 2way stretch breathable fabric to guarantee the maximum breathability in a lightweight structure, with high strength Nabuk inserts for durable performance.
• Cheek pads: soft and gentle Shalimar fabric with Sanitized® (antibacterial protection), 2Dry (moisture wicking) and Microsense (premium skin comfort and wearing fluidity) treatments.
• Crown pad: Elastic Microfibre with the same treatments listed for check pads.
• New Patented cheek pads safety release system engineered to remove conveniently cheek pads in case of accident.
• Moto GP developed hydration system included in the helmet with internal channels engineered for smooth tube placement and drinking valve placed inside the chin of the helmet for a constant and smooth hydration during riding. The system is fully removable.
• New Class Optic 1 visor with 100% Max Vision Pinlock® (120) anti fog technology is designed for maximum vertical view on racing position (85°) and unmatched horizontal view
(190°). Visor is anti-scratch and ready for track use tear-off. A tear-off kit is included in the box.
• Patented Visor Lock System (VLS) reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident: visor thickness is from 4 to 5 mm, increasing face and eyes protection in the case of an accident.
• Exclusive metal visor mechanism in metal with roto-translation movement achieves total sealing between visor and shell. Tools free rapid visor release system allows the visor to be removed and replaced in seconds. Mechanism is designed to minimize area, therefore supporting peripheral view and impact performance.
• Double D retention system